Sample tour - Personalized (and private) website with live links!
The W Barcelona boasts beautiful views of the city (map). Remember the schedule in Spain is different; many shops and stores will be closed between 2pm and 5pm and people eat dinner between 9pm and midnight. Of course this means bar time is 11pm - 1 or 2am and clubs sometimes don't start until 2 or 3am!
Barcelona is a place to walk and wander the streets - especially the Gaudi filled Passeig de Gràcia (map) where you can visit La Pedrera/Casa Milà (map). It's a city like no other with its rare classic to modern architecture, incredible boulevards and semi-courtyards at each intersection. Watch for pick-pockets especially on La Rambla (map) - a very touristy, but also beautiful boulevard.
Gay Beaches: Best Beach Map
- Mar Bella Beach (map) - 10 min cab, 45 min walk - includes beach bar and music right in the sand; just look for the rainbow flags!
- San Sebastian Beach (this link has the best info, even if its in Spanglish) (map) - next to the W - gay and also nude beach
- The W pool also will likely be a gay enough beach at times!
- Sagrada Familia (map) - This complex, beautiful and awe-inspiring Church has been under construction for over 130 years!
- Park Güell (map) - This sort of Gaudi playground looks a little Disney, but it's unique and also provides great views of the city.
- Olympic Park (map) - If you like walking around large plazas and taking in the architecture, visit the Olympic Area. Either stop off on the tourist bus or you can also walk down Ave. Reina Maria Cristina and take escalators up the hill into the gardens and Olympic area
- Bravo 24 (W Hotel Restaurant) - Take in unparalleled views of the Spanish shore as you try tapas and other quality fare from this Michelin-rated steak & fish restaurant
- Can Mojó (map) - You can't leave Spain without trying seafood paella - this seems to be the best, nearest spot for it!
- Cachitos (map) - One nice spot near the Passeig de Gràcia & the gay area that may suit you!
Bars & Clubs
- La Chappelle (map) - 15-20 min cab - A dependable place to have a drink - so skinny and small, even with a few people looks packed! Open all day - but best at bar-time, 11:30pm - 2am
- Axel Hotel Rooftop (map) - 10-15 min cab - Basement bar and Rooftop - good meeting spot in the gayborhood "Eixample" (see how gay) (map)
- Explore the Eixample - (map) - you can easily bar-hop by using this list - or just walking streets around the Axel Hotel
- Metro (map) - 15 min cab - fun club with daily drag or dance shows - (12am - 5am daily), crowded around 2am
- Átame (map) - Thursday (Jul 10) happy hour (7pm- 10pm) unusual for Spain, but appeals to the many gay tourists from all over Europe and the US that invade the city
- Arena Madre (map) - 15 min cab - young crowded club - definitely go Thursday night, crowded after 2am